PROFLEX™ Backer Board is made of proprietary and patent pending technology. Ingredients include Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Chloride as the primary components, with additional natural mineral components, woven and non-woven strengthening fibers. PROFLEX Backer Board is manufactured with a patent pending process and formula, using primary components of magnesium oxide and magnesium chloride. The manufacturing process uses less than 50% of the energy consumed to make a comparable Portland cement based wall board, and contains a minimum of 5% transferred post-industrial recycled material, and 100% of manufacturing post-industrial waste is recycled into future production runs.
PROFLEX Backer Board is the ideal backer board for tubs, showers, floors, outdoor kitchens, fireplace surrounds receiving stone or brick veneer, and much, much more. In addition to walls and floors, it can also be used for exterior applications such as soffit cladding, as an exterior sheathing behind stucco applications when structural strength is not required for the exterior sheathing, as an interior or exterior skin for SIP panels, in homes where breathable walls are desired, for fireplace surrounds, as wall board for those who are chemically sensitive, and as a mold resistant and flame rated paneling in mobile and manufactured homes.
- Installs with conventional fasteners and can be scored and snapped with a regular utility knife
- Weighs 50% per square foot less than other cement boards
- Is non-nutrient for mold & mildew, without added chemicals
- Contains no harmful silica
- Will not warp, swell, delaminate or disintegrate when exposed to moisture
- Rated “Extra Heavy””, meaning it can be installed as a tile backer under the most demanding conditions like food plants, industrial kitchens, and other high impact areas
- 36″ x 60″ x 1/2″ 15 sq.ft.
- 36″ x 60″ x 1/4″ 15 sq.ft.
Material Safety Data Sheet n/a
Warranty based on the system of materials used to install finish flooring products.Please refer to our full warranty information for specific terms and conditions.